San Antonio Pet Boarding
We love boarders! The more the merrier around here! We board our dogs and cats in separate locations within our hospital. We also have a special boarding area for puppies and kittens, away from the adult animals. We walk dogs 3-5 times a day, provide bedding and Science Diet food. We have plenty of space but around the holidays we fill up quick. Reservations are required.
Our boarding facilities fill up for Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years every year so a reservation should be made as early in the year as possible. We have a number of clients who reserve boarding space for these holidays as early as January!
We have a few rules and regulations for all boarders:
- ALL pets must be up-to-date on their vaccinations.
- Cats need their FVRCP, FELV and Rabies vaccinations.
- Dogs need their DHP-Parvo, Leptospirosis, Bordetella and Rabies vaccinations.
- All pets must have current fecal and heartworm test on record.
- Proof of vaccination history must be brought along with pets if they are not given here (new clients).
- All pets are given a Capstar upon arrival for their own protection. If your pet is found to have fleas or ticks he/she will have to be bathed and/or treated with both Capstar for quick action and Advantage or Frontline (charges by weight) for long-term effect. Your account will be charged accordingly.
- We also give every pet a K/P (kennel pkg), which includes at nail trim, express the anal sacs and check ears, eyes, etc., at no charge.
- All dogs over 10 years of age and cats over 12 years are considered "Geriatric" and an additional fee will be charged daily due to the extra care (daily technician exam, daily weight check, temperature check, and eating behavior evaluation.)
- If medication is to be administered, an extra fee is charged.
- If your pet is aggressive and/or difficult to handle, an additional fee may need to be charged.
- We request that all personal belongings be labeled with the pet's name.
Check-out time is 2PM. After that time another day of boarding will be charged.
Check-ins will be charged for the entire day regardless of drop-off time.
Vaccinations must be current on all pets to ensure the safety and health of all pets in our care. Required vaccinations include Bordetella, Parvovirus, Distemper, and Rabies for dogs; and Leukemia, Distemper, and Rabies for cats. A negative Heartworm and Fecal test is also required to board. If your pet is past due on the immunizations he/she will be made current and your account charged accordingly. It is the owner’s responsibility to supply us with current information if pet is not normally vaccinated by this clinic.
All pets are given a Capstar upon arrival for their own protection. If your pet is found to have fleas or ticks he/she will have to be bathed and / or treated with both Capstar for quick action and Advantage (charges by weight) for long-term effect. Your account will be charged accordingly.
Any dog over the age of 10 years or cat over the age of 12 years is considered geriatric and will be charged an additional nominal amount per day. Geriatric pets receive extra care, are weighed each day and are let out more frequently.
If medications are to be administered there is an additional nominal charge per day.
Towne Northe is not responsible for personal belongings left with the pet, although we take every precaution to prevent them from being lost. Please make sure your name is on each item.
Download our Boarding Information Form and bring it with you or fax ahead of time to 210-343-1065. This should save some time at check in.
- Special Care Medical Boarding